Entries are only open to an amateur who meets the following criteria:
- Has an official handicap recognised by the South African Golf Association
- Is a member of a Golf Club affiliated to a Golf Union recognised by the South African Golf Association
- All entries shall be subject to the approval of the Organisers who reserve the right to refuse any entry without giving any reason for such refusal. The Organisers may at their discretion, limit the number of entries accepted.
- The format is Individual Medal over a stipulated round of 18 holes. If the winner cannot be determined over a stipulated round, the winner will be determined over the maximum number of holes completed by the discretion of the Tournament Director.
- In the event of a Tie for 1st place in any of the flights, a count out will be done as per the suggested count out of the R&A.
- Failure to submit scores of any qualifier shall be penalised by 2 shots at the South Africa Finals.
- Regional winners will progress to the South African finals to be played over 36 holes.
- Refunds – will be subject to a 5% administration fee. No refunds will be made within 7 days of each event.